Wednesday 9th December 2020 at 7pm GMT
How to Bring Plant-Based Food into Schools and Nurseries
with Joseph Stratton, ProVeg UK and other guests
Hosted by Rohini Bajekal, Nutritionist & Board Member of Plant-Based Health Professionals UK
Why should I join this webinar?
- Understand the current climate around plant-based food in schools in the UK: how does it look now and what does the future hold?
- Understand ProVeg’s process and what methods are most effective when implementing plant-based interventions in the school setting
- Dealing with anti vegan sentiment from parents and staff as a result of plant-based interventions
Watch the video:
About our speakers
Joe Stratton, School Plates Co-ordinator at ProVeg UK
We also hear from:
– Samuel Hart, Director at Teach Strong and Primary School Teacher
– Julia Buckley, Director at Teach Strong and Private Language Tutor
– Joseph Davies, Teacher
ProVeg is an international food awareness organization that aims to reduce global animal consumption. In the UK, the main driver of this mission is the School Plates program. School Plates aims to increase the uptake, quality and diversity of veggie and plant-based food in schools, as well as educate staff and parents on why this is important. To achieve this, we implement a phased approach, beginning with subtle menu changes that remove bias towards meat and change the way parents and children view plant-based foods. Following phases include introducing meat-free days, conducting chef training workshops and presenting at industry events. We offer all this as a free, consultation-based service.
We would really appreciate a donation for this webinar (suggested donation: £5) as this enables us to continue providing evidence-based education around plant-based nutrition: donate by card or Paypal.
Sign up as a member and join our growing community.
This webinar lasts one hour including a Live Q&A.
We are supported by BSLM, ProVeg and Veganfitness.com