Rice and tofu scramble
Excellent for using up yesterday’s rice!
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 4 tsp capers
- 300g silken tofu, drained
- 2 cups of fresh spinach or kale, chopped
- Black pepper
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp nutritional yeast – optional but so delicious
- A dusting of cayenne pepper – optional
Step by Step Instructions
Add a dash of water to a ceramic pan and turn the heat to medium-high. Once the water starts bubbling, add the rice and capers and warm up for a minute, stirring occasionally.
Stir in the tofu and break it up into a nice scramble, then add the spinach or kale and season with black pepper – stir in the cayenne pepper and nutritional yeast if you wish to include those.
Stir in the lemon juice
Keep adding water as needed to prevent from sticking to the pan.
When everything is warm, pour onto plates and serve with a big green salad, sliced avocado and maybe some sauerkraut – delicious!