- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- A bit of water (to water fry)
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed, or use garlic granules
- 140g red split lentils
- 850ml vegetable stock or water (I use Marigold’s vegan bouillon powder with less salt)
- Passata bottle (680g)
- A can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- (optional) kale or another leafy green
- A bunch of roughly chopped coriander
- (optional) to serve with: crushed garlic, nut cheese, coriander leaves, Marigold Engevita yeast flakes B12.
Step by Step Instructions
If possible, soak the lentils for 2 to 4 hours (to help further reduce the antinutrient content).
Dry-fry the cumin seeds in a large saucepan for 1 min.
Water fry the crushed garlic and chopped onions, and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in 140g red split lentils, 850ml vegetable stock and the tomatoes, then bring to the boil.
Simmer for 20 mins until the lentils have softened.
Blend the ingredients until it is becomes a purée (I use a hand blender)
Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, the green leafy veggies and heat gently for 5 minutes.
Roasted Squash, Kale and Quinoa saladThis warm salad is a filling and delicious packed lunch. It has three portions of fruit and vegetables and a source of omega-3s from the walnuts. Squash is packed with powerful carotenoids and kale is a fantastic source of calcium,...
Creamy Mushroom, Leek and Pea RisottoThis creamy risotto recipe is the perfect midweek meal. It is quick to make and feels so comforting. It is inspired by the traditional risotto recipes from Italy, but this version is free of the cholesterol and high amounts of...
Spicy Falafel Saladby Holly AdelaideServes 4Good for: LunchTime: 20 mins prep30 mins cookIngredientsFor the falafels 2 cans chickpeas (400g), drained and rinsed 1 onion, finely diced 1 tsp ground cumin 1 tsp ground coriander ½ tsp cayenne pepper 4 tbsp lemon juice 4...