- 2 tsp cumin seeds
- A bit of water (to water fry)
- 3 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, crushed, or use garlic granules
- 140g red split lentils
- 850ml vegetable stock or water (I use Marigold’s vegan bouillon powder with less salt)
- Passata bottle (680g)
- A can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- (optional) kale or another leafy green
- A bunch of roughly chopped coriander
- (optional) to serve with: crushed garlic, nut cheese, coriander leaves, Marigold Engevita yeast flakes B12.
Step by Step Instructions
If possible, soak the lentils for 2 to 4 hours (to help further reduce the antinutrient content).
Dry-fry the cumin seeds in a large saucepan for 1 min.
Water fry the crushed garlic and chopped onions, and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir in 140g red split lentils, 850ml vegetable stock and the tomatoes, then bring to the boil.
Simmer for 20 mins until the lentils have softened.
Blend the ingredients until it is becomes a purée (I use a hand blender)
Add the drained and rinsed chickpeas, the green leafy veggies and heat gently for 5 minutes.
How to stock your plant-based pantryby Dr Leila Dehghan, www.drleilad.com Having a well-stocked pantry makes it easier to follow a healthy plant-based diet. It also saves you time and effort and can help you to easily whip up a quick meal. It’s best to think of our...
Bliss Ballsby Kate Dunbar, Patient AdvocateMore Recipes
Shrikandby Kate Dunbar, Patient AdvocateMore Recipes