Basic Roast Veggies
by Zoe Hill, www.eatingvegetables.com
This serves 4-6 depending on portion size.
This will keep in a sealed, refrigerated container for up to 5 days. It can be prepared in advance to add to salads and packed lunches, and can be eaten cold or reheated.
- 5 tbsp plant milk
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Optional – 1 tsp garlic powder, 1 tbsp tamari, 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 200g sweet potatoes or carrots cut into 2” pieces or halved
- Optional other vegetables (recommend choice of 5):
· 100g brussels sprouts, peeled and halved
· 2 avocados, destoned, peeled and cut into 3” chunks
· 150g asparagus, ends removed and cut into 3” pieces
· 200g mushrooms, halved
· 200g carrots, cut into batons
· 2 bell peppers, cut into 3” cubes
· 1 large courgette, cut into 2” cubes
· 1 aubergine, cut into 1” cubes
· 2 large tomatoes, quartered
· 2 red onions, roughly chopped
Step by Step Instructions
Preheat oven to 190C.
Toss all vegetables in the marinade until well coated.
Spread on a lined baking tray and roast for 20-30 minutes or until soft. You may wish to roast the potatoes, carrots and cruciferous vegetables for longer, as they may take longer to cook.