Spicy Red Kidney Bean Potato Curry
- 2 cans of red kidney beans – rinsed
- 1 can of chopped tomatoes
- 2 potatoes (boiled or chop fine for quicker cooking)
- 1 large red onion chopped fine
- 4 garlic cloves chopped fine
- 2 fresh tomatoes
- 1 tsp of chilli powder
- 1 tsp of turmeric
- 1 tbsp of coriander powder
- 1 tbsp of Amchoor (dried mango powder)
- Salt to taste (optional)
- A pinch of brown sugar
- A large handful of spinach leaves
Step by Step Instructions
Dry roast turmeric, chilli and coriander powders in a hot pan, add the chopped onion and garlic. Once the onion starts to caramelise, add the chopped tomatoes and the can of tomatoes, cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Add the beans, the mango powder, the sugar and salt and a couple of cups of hot water and the chopped potatoes. Cover and cook on medium heat until potatoes are cooked through.
Add the spinach and cook for a minute. Enjoy!