- 2 cups (about 250g) of mixed frozen or fresh veg (beans, peas, carrots, corn)
- 1 block of tofu cut into small 1cm cubes
- 1 large red onion
- 6 medium sized cloves of garlic
- 3-4 green chillies all chopped as fine as you can
- 1 tbsp of dried basil
- 2 tbsp of tomato ketchup or sriracha sauce
- 3-4 tbsp of soya sauce (I used low salt version)
- Salt to taste, need very little as soya sauce is salty
- Fresh basil leaves
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice (any rice will work – wild or black or red rice are even more healthy) – soak rice for a few hours and rinse thoroughly to avoid any risk of arsenic contamination.
Step by Step Instructions
Dry sauté the tofu in a large hot pan and add one tbsp of soya sauce. Once crispy, remove from heat and throw in the basil, onion, garlic, chillies. Let it cook in its own juices and add a few tbsp of hot water. Keep stirring.
Once slightly caramelised, add the frozen veg, mix thoroughly and cover for about 5-10 minutes on low flame.
Add in the rice and the tomato sauce and soy sauce, mix thoroughly and garnish with some fresh basil leaves to increase antioxidant power
Kale Crispsfrom Sandra Hood, RD Author of 'Feeding your vegan child' Twitter: @sandrahood121 Instagram: vegan_dietitan_sandra These are so popular with children and a great way to get a green leafy veg into them!Serves 4+Good for: SnacksTime: Overnight soak15 mins...
Vegan Caesar SaladFrom: Nancy Manifold.Instagram: @stirring.the.potWebsite: Stirringthepot.co.ukFacebook: Stirring The Pot Plant-Based HealthServes 1Good for: Side Dish, LunchTime: 15 minsIngredients 300g natural (unsweetened) vegan yoghurt 1 tablespoon lemon juice...
Festive Chestnut Hummus & Mixed Seeds OatcakesFrom: Karine Stephan, Registered Nutritional Therapisthappylivingnutrition.co.ukIG: @happylivingnutritionFestive Chestnut HummusServes 4+Good for: Side dishes, snack, starterIngredients 180g whole chestnuts (I use...